Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Your Recovery Journey Session

I went to my session called Your Recovery Journey.  We have a book which explains different aspects of recovery which also contains questions that we answer right in the book.  today we were discussing goal setting.  I personally believe that we create our own destiny.  We decide on our destiny, draw up a plan with all our goals to work on to fulfill our destiny.  I shared with the group that because of my OCD I have problems making decisions.  When I do make a decision I work on it for a week then change my mind and decide on a different destiny.  I just go round and round in circles and don't make any progress.  They gave an excellent solution to my problem.  Completely forget long term goals for now.  Just focus on today. When I wake up in the morning just decide what I want to accomplish just for that day.  Don't worry about the long term.  For me it's not difficult to set goals for just one day.  doing it that way I am not committed to work on the same goals for long periods of time.  Every day I can set new goals to work on just for that one day.  For example my goal for today might be to play the guitar but tomorrow it might be to write an article for my blogs, and another day it might be to play computer games and so on.  I am not able to focus on several things in one day.  I can only focus on and do one thing for that day.  I think the reason for this is my OCD. I feel that going about it this way reduce my stress level and give me the opportunity to accomplish something every day and boost my self-esteem.  That way I can accomplish several goals a week.  If you add all that up I will have accomplished a lot things in a year.  That is how I am going to live my life for now.

No comments: