Sunday, January 18, 2015

My New Years Resolution

In 2014 I continued to write for the "A Mental Health Perspective" monthly newsletter published by the Kings County Branch of the Canadian Mental Health Association.  I also wrote for and put together the "Schizophrenia Newsletter" published by the Kings County Chapter of the Schizophrenia Society.

Besides this I didn't do much writing in 2014.  My new years resolution is to do more writing in 2015.  I would also like to advance my writing career by becoming a successful, paid, published free lance writer.  I want to get published in magazines.  I will have to pick a subject to write about. There is not much opportunity in North America to get published writing about mental illness, addiction, and alcoholism.

It's going to be hard picking a subject.  I have so many interests.  During 2014 I did do a lot of research.  I researched the paranormal (ghosts and hauntings, ufology, cryptozoology), science, philosophy, Christianity, wildlife, conservation,  global warming, mental illness, addiction, and alcoholism to name a few.  I did spend most of my spare time researching these subjects.  I also intend to do more writing on this blog.  

During 2014 I had to battle my Gillian Barre Syndrome.  Despite this I had a wonder 2014 and I also intend to have an even better 2015.

No comments: