Monday, April 13, 2009

My Personal Recovery

At the present moment I am just bubbling over with joy and happiness. I cannot hardly put it into words. My heart, mind, and soul is full of peace and tranquility. I just love life and I love being alive. I have meaning and purpose in life. I am a productive member of society.

These things are a direct result of my recovery from schizophrenia, obsessive compulsive disorder, addiction, and alcoholism. For me personally recovery is truly possible. I have been recovering for nine years now. Life just gets better and better as time rolls on. Truly there are days when things are not very good but this only happens once in a while. Most of the time things are just great. When I was ill I went through much pain, suffering, torture, and torment most of the time. Now things are different. Most of the time now I am full of joy, happiness, and peace of mind.

How am I recovering? The foundation of my recovery is medication. My meds have removed the symptoms of my mental illness. After my medication relieved me of my symptoms I was free to receive psycho-social treatments. As a result of both treatments I am truly recovering. If I continue following my treatment regime I will continue to recover. Although relapse is a possibility I am hoping that I never have a relapse. I don't want to go back to that awful hell I was living in. I want to continue recovering until the day that I leave this world.

I am so grateful and thankful to God for my recovery I cannot express it in words.

I truly hope that if my readers have a mental illness that you too will recover. It is possible. Go to the mental health profession and they can help you find recovery. They can administer medication and treat you with psycho-social treatments. This would greatly improve your chances of recovery. Good luck with your recovery.

No comments: