Monday, April 6, 2009

Concurrent Disorder

I have started a blog on concurrent disorders. By that I mean those that have one or more mental illness plus the disease of addiction and/or alcoholism. This is a real major problem in the mental health community. Treating concurrent disorders is very different from just treating a mental illness by itself or addiction by itself. The treatment needs to be integrated. Both problems need to be treated simultaneously. This blog will be discussing spiritual concepts due to the fact that the only way to recover from addiction or alcoholism is through a relationship with God. Addicts are powerless over their addiction. Addicts have a dilemma. No power. Only a power greater than ourselves can deliver us from the power of addiction. Personally I believe that that higher power is God. I am recovering from concurrent disorder only because of God's divine providence and intervention. Without God's power I would never recover from my addiction and alcoholism. If my readers are interested in reading up on concurrent disorder check it out.

To go to my blog on concurrent disorder click on the link below.

Concurrent Disorder

No comments: