Monday, August 3, 2009

Subject Matter

Since I have started this blog I have written 113 articles. I am running out of things to write about. I haven't written much on my blogs lately. I have been having writers block. I just cannot think of anything to write about. I do not just have this blog to write for. I have several blogs. I try to write most of my articles on recovery. Recovery is truly possible. I suffered for over 20 years from long term chronic mental illness. Since I went to the Beacon Unit at the rehab in Waterville I have been recovering. Dr. Muhall found the right medication. The medication I am on now works. Plus I received psycho-social treatments while living on the Beacon Unit. Another part of my recovery is my spiritual beliefs. Even though I have received much help from the mental health profession I personally believe that 99% of my recovery I had to figure out for myself. My recovery is due to much hard work on my part. I am the one responsible for my recovery, not other people. I can have guidance and direction from others but I am the one that has to do all the hard work to recover. We cannot depend on others for our recovery. We can only depend on ourselves. If we depend on others for our recovery we will not recover. In order to recover it takes determination, motivation, and discipline on our part. Even though I have been in recovery for almost 10 years I still need to work on it now and for the rest of my life. If I stop working on my recovery I will probably have a relapse. It is a continual battle until the day that I pass on from this life. I am engaged in warfare. I am continually fighting for my recovery. If I stop fighting then I will stop recovering. The battle for recovery will rage on until that day. It is a never ending war. I am prepared to continue the battle because I do not want to go back to that living hell again. Living in psychosis and suffering from the negative symptoms is a living hell. I have been living in that hell for many many years. I can say gratefully that the hell is over. I have climbed out of that awful pit and out into the sunshine. I am living above ground now. I just hope that those of you who have a mental illness will find the precious gift of recovery. If I can find recovery I think that almost anyone can. Although for some recovery is never possible. There is a certain percentage of those with mental illness who will never recover regardless of what kind of treatment they receive. I just hope that you will be one of the ones that will recover. If you want to recover be prepared to engage in a terrible war. The battle is hard and difficult. If a person never gives up and continues to fight victory is truly possible. Be a good soldier and fight for that precious gift of recovery. My heart goes out to you. Have FAITH, HOPE, AND COURAGE and seek after recovery with your whole being. You just might get lucky and find it.


No comments: