Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Wonderful Vacation

Kim and I decided to take a vacation this summer. We didn't take one last summer. We went away for our vacation. We had a wonderful time. We went to Sackville NB so I could buy tobacco. By going over there I saved $40 on what I bought. Tobacco is a lot cheaper over there.

We went to PEI with our family. We caught the ferry at Caribou and landed on the Island at Wood Islands. Then we proceeded on to Cavendish and stopped for a meal at a Seafood Restaurant. After that we went to Ann of Green Gables. It was wonderful in there. We watched a video there. Then we checked out the house. It had all the original furniture and other original items in it.

We also hiked the trail there. It was a beautiful place. There were flowing brooks, lots of woods, wooden bridges to cross, lovely green fields, and we saw lots of birds there. This would be a great place to get in touch with nature.

On the way out we stopped at the gift shop. My brother bought Kim some Ann of Green Gables books. Mom bought Kim an Ann of Green Gables movie and bought me a PEI ball cap. Mom and my brother bought things for themselves too.

When we left there we headed towards the Confederation Bridge. We stopped at the village just before the bridge. We all had ice cream and Mom bought a few more items to take home with us.

Later, after we got off the bridge we stopped at Port Elgin where my Dad was born and raised. He wanted to show Kim where he was born and raised. Eventually we arrived home. Kim and I were tired so we went right to bed when we got home at Mom and Dad's.

The next day my brother, Kim, and I went for a trip through the mountains Advocate way. We stopped at the Provincial Park near Advocate Harbour. We continued on from there until we came out at Joggins then proceeded home to Mom and Dad's.

When we got back Kim and I headed off to Wallace to visit a good friend of ours. We visited for a hour then headed back to Mom's.

Yesterday we took a trip to Moncton, NB. We headed off to Cora's first for a meal. The meal was great. Then we proceeded to the mall in Dieppe. After that we went to Cosco's up near Mountain Road. Mom bought a few things for herself and a few things for Kim and I. We were going to go to the zoo but it was raining so we never made it there.

On the way home to Mom's we stopped to pick up some pizza for supper. When we made it home we all pigged out on pizza and garlic fingers. Kim and I went to bed early because we wanted to get on the road early to head back home to Kentville.

We left early this morning and had a wonderful trip home. We stopped at Masstown to eat and pick up some baked goods. Finally we arrived home. We got in around 3:00 pm this afternoon. Kim and I had a great and wonderful vacation this summer.

Now that our vacation is over we have to get back to the old grind (work). Even though work is work we both still love working. It gives us meaning and purpose in life and also puts a bit of money in our pockets.

I am just glad that I am recovering from mental illness and addiction. If it wasn't for my recovery I would not have been able to go on a vacation and if I did go on one I would not have been able to enjoy it. Through recovery I can have fun and enjoy life. Concerning life I am having a ball. I love life and I love being alive.

I leave my blessing with you and hope that you too will find recovery and have a ball in life just like I am. Good luck in your own recovery.

No comments: