Sunday, October 4, 2009

Today's Walk

Our local Chapter of the Schizophrenia Society of Nova Scotia held our annual Walk the World for Schizophrenia today. We have a lot of dedicated people. It was just pouring out and we still had a very large turnout.

Kim and I arrived a hour early. Slowly people started showing up. Finally someone arrived with the key to the building. I helped with the 50/50 draw collecting the money and passing out the tickets. Kim helped put the food out for people to eat.

When it was time we all headed out for the walk. I got soaked. My feet were so wet it felt like I went wading in a swimming pool. The actual walk only lasted about an half hour. After arriving back from the walk we all started pigging out on the real good food. We also got to listen to a live blues band. The music was just great.

After awhile the draws started for the prizes that were passed out. I won a pair of mittens with the 2010 Olympics on it. After they tallied up the amount of money brought in it was good news. A fairly good chunk of money was made.

When Kim and I decided to leave we went to Port Williams to check out the Prescott House Museum. We wanted to find out where it was because we will be doing a flea market there for our business. We are hoping to make a fair amount of cash there. The flea market is October 10th this year.

All in all Kim and I had a wonderful day.

No comments: