Monday, March 29, 2010

Life Balance

I am still working hard. When I am collating my shifts run from 12 to 14 hours. I still write for the CMHA newsletter. I am working on May's edition of the Schizophrenia Newsletter. I haven't been doing any other work. I have been taking time out for myself. I need that at the present moment.

I have been doing research on fishing and bird watching. I plan on doing a lot of fishing and bird watching this summer. I love getting out into nature. I love fishing and bird watching for rest and relaxation. I get great pleasure out of these activities.

I also spend 2 to 3 hours a day playing video and computer games. I mostly play war games. I play Battlefield 1942 and Star Wars. I like the action games. I am just having a ball. Kim also comes with me when I go fishing and bird watching. I really enjoy Kim's company while I am engaging in these outdoor activities. We also have a great time together. There is nothing better than doing my hobbies with the companionship of my beloved wife.

I keep pretty busy. I haven't been doing much writing on my blogs and websites though. When I feel in the mood I just sit down on my computer and just start writing. I love writing and the very act of writing. I will continue writing for my blogs and websites but I just haven't been doing as much as I used to. I will definitely get down to business though and do more writing.

Even though I am not accomplishing as much as I would like to I am still a walking miracle. There was a time when I couldn't accomplish anything. Day in and day out I did absolutely nothing. I wasn't capable of doing anything. All I did was pace the floor and drink coffee and smoke cigarettes. When I was active in my addiction all I did was drink beer and do drugs and sat around and did absolutely nothing.

I am just so grateful and thankful for my recovery from my schizophrenia, obsessive compulsive disorder, my addiction, and my alcoholism. I am living a life of meaning, purpose, joy, happiness, and I am a productive member of society. I am actually accomplishing something in my life. There is a saying, "when it's all over all that matters is what I have done." When I pass on from this life I want to leave behind me a legacy of things that I have accomplished while I was still here on earth. I also take time out for myself just to do those things that are just pure fun for rest and relaxation.

I have found balance in my life. Balance is very important when it comes to having "good mental health." We all need that balance in our lives if we want to be "fully human, fully alive." Work is important but it is not the be all and end all of life. I am just grateful that I can work. I am also grateful that I can engage in fun activities as well.

I would like to leave my readers with this suggestion, seek balance in your life and you will enjoy life more than just spending all your days working, working, and working. I love working but I also love just having fun. I am very happy and content with my life just the way it is. The reason being is that I have found that important balance in my life.

May my readers be successful in finding your own balance in your own life. I have and it is a great blessing for my life.

No comments: