Monday, September 6, 2010

Schizophrenia: Beyond the Natural Sciences - Considering spirituality

Science has not been able to cure or unveil all the mysteries of schizophrenia purely by studying the brain. There have been ambiguous results from all sides. The majority of scientists claim that schizophrenia is a brain disease, and it is not known whether schizophrenia is one disease or many diseases or if is purely genetic or not. Based on the premise that in darkness any hope of light is welcome, it is then perfectly reasonable for me to raise the following question: is schizophrenia a purely natural/biological disease?

To read the rest of this article click on the link below.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe coming to know the Lord has been my salvation not only for eternity yet in my ability to live daily... He has rescued me from much emotional pain. Although I have still experienced major periods of depression, it is the words of scripture which have provided me the greatest peace of mind and spirit. It has also provided me hope and power to persevere through God's indwelling Spirit. Embracing the Truth of God in scripture is my salvation. One of the first scriptures that I ever memorized was 2 Timothy 1:7 "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." I claimed that verse...that is my true identity... I continue to appropriate this verse in times when I feel weak in spirit... I will pray you will accept the Lord's gift ... it is there for you to accept. May He bless you richly as you come to know His love, comfort and care.