Saturday, March 19, 2011

My Destiny?

I firmly believe that we create our own destiny.  We need to decide on our destiny, draw up a plan, write down all the goals and objectives we need to accomplish to make our destiny a reality.  The short-term, mid-term, and long-term goals.

I am at the point in my life where I don't know what I want my destiny to be, what I want to accomplish in the future, and what goals and objectives to write down in my plan that I need to work on.  I have so many interests in life and there are so many things that I want to accomplish.  I can't do everything.  We only have so much time in a day to accomplish the things that we want too.  At the present moment I am standing on wits end corner.  I have already accomplished a lot since I started to recover from my schizophrenia, obsessive compulsive disorder, addiction, and alcoholism.  I do not know where to go from here.

I need to decide on my destiny, pick a few things to focus on and accomplish.  I cannot put too much on my plate or I will just bogged down and accomplish nothing.  Like I said earlier, we only have so much time to do the things that we want to do.

I need to do some real soul searching and figure out what I want my destiny to be, and just focus on a few things to do to make that destiny a reality.  I firmly believe that, "when it is all over all that matters is what we have done."  When I pass on from this life I want to leave behind a legacy.  Maybe even be put in the history books.  There is a saying,  "aim low boring, aim high soaring."  I must confess that I am a big dreamer, and have big ideas, and want to accomplish great things.  A mediocre life will not do for me.  I firmly believe that I am capable of deciding on a great destiny, draw up my plan, write down all the goals and objectives I need to accomplish, and just do it and succeed.  My problem is I cannot decide what I want to accomplish in life.  That is where I am at in the present moment.  I don't know where to go from here into the future.

When we want to travel we need to decide on our destiny, get out a map book, mark out the route, get in the car and just follow the map until we arrive at our destination.  I believe that's how we should live our lives.  Once I decide on my destiny, draw up my plan, write down all the goals and objectives, and work on them.  This plan is my map book in life.  Just follow the map and I will arrive at my destination.

I think that one of the reasons for my indecision is because of my OCD.  One of the symptoms of this condition is that I have trouble making decisions, and carrying out those decisions.  I have the tendency to change my mind all of the time, hop from one thing to another, and just go around in circles.  I need to overcome this symptom, make my decision, focus on it, and just do it, and not change my mind all of the time, and go around in circles.  I firmly believe that I can successfully overcome this symptom and get down to the business of accomplishing my goals and objectives and fulfill my destiny in life.  It will not be an easy thing to do but it needs to be done.

I just wanted to share these things with my readers.  My whole purpose in life since I have started my recovery is to share my experience, strength, and hope with others in order to inspire them and give them hope that recovery is truly possible.  If I can recover anybody can.  I was once a hopeless, helpless case with no hope of ever recovering or accomplishing anything in life.  Basically the mental health profession had written me off with no hope of ever recovering.  My Doctors in Amherst had me written down as "long term chronically mentally ill."  There was no hope for me whatsoever.  They were wrong.  I am recovering at the present moment and I hope that I will continue to recover.

I would like to end this posting with the words,  "KEEP YOUR DREAMS ALIVE."

No comments: