Sunday, March 20, 2011

Studies link psychosis, teenage marijuana use - The Boston Globe

Researchers are offering new ammunition to worried parents trying to dissuade their teens from smoking marijuana: Evidence is mounting that for some adolescents whose genes put them at added risk, heavy marijuana use could increase the chances of developing severe mental illness -- psychosis or schizophrenia.

To read the rest of this article click on the link below

Studies link psychosis, teenage marijuana use - The Boston Globe

1 comment:

Feminist Voice with Disabilities said...

That's interesting. I wonder how many such studies have been done. I never smoked marijuana, though I know a lot of people do and they don't end up with Schizophrenia or Schizoaffective Disorder like I did. I would love to see more research done into causes and someday know what caused my illness and how to cure it.