Saturday, July 2, 2011

Getting Back On Track

I must confess that I haven't been doing very well lately.  Despite that I have still been fulfilling my work responsibilities.  I still go to work at flyer services every week.  I am still writing my articles for the CMHA Newsletter.  Outside of that I haven't been accomplishing much.  I haven't written anything for my blogs and web sites for quite some time.  Outside of work I haven't done much.

I have made the decision to get out of whatever I am going through and get back on track.  After I am finished writing this article I am going to sit down with pen and paper and start writing down all the things I would like to accomplish over the next year.  Draw up a plan with all the goals and objectives I want to work on and accomplish.  When I pass on from this life I want to leave behind a legacy of all the things I have done and accomplished in my life.  I want to get back on track and start doing a lot more writing for my blogs and web sites.  In fact I am seriously thinking about starting another web site on Weebly.  I haven't decided what subject to make it on yet.  I want to try something new and different.  I want to take on a new writing challenge.  Some day I want to become a successful paid published free lance writer but I need to decide what genre to write about.  I cannot write about mental illness, addiction, and alcoholism because there are not enough opportunities to get these subjects published.  To my knowledge there is only one magazine in North America that publishes anything on mental illness.

I want to choose a subject that will give me lots of opportunity for publication.  As a result of my OCD I am having trouble deciding on a genre to write about.  Once I choose my subject then I need to research it and develop a real good working knowledge on it.  Editors know if you know your subject or not.  If they think you don't know your subject they will not publish your work.  I have a lot of hard work ahead of me.  Lots of research and study and then lots of writing to do.

I believe that I am quite capable of achieving these goals and objectives.  I just need to be determined, motivated, and disciplined.  I just need to get back on track.  Wish me luck.

No comments: