Saturday, September 21, 2013

Lifestyle Change

For almost seven months I didn't smoke.  I was on the patch.  It didn't help much.  Even though I was getting nicotine it wasn't enough.  For the whole seven months I craved continually.  Since I quit my mental health was not very good.  I wasn't able to focus and concentrate on my research and writing.  I had a terrible time at work.  Basically I just wasn't able to function very well.  I have just done the bare things that needed to be done.  I haven't accomplished much since I quit.

Finally I just got fed up with the whole thing and started smoking again yesterday.  I am not upset with myself and I am quite glad I started again.  Just since yesterday my mental health has improved almost 100%.  I have a lot more energy since I quit.  When I wasn't smoking I didn't have much energy.  I wasn't able to as much as I did before I quit..  I was always tired and slept in a lot.  The  whole experience was simply a nightmare.

A lot of people are disappointed in me for starting again but it is my life not theirs.  I have perfect peace of mind since I started.  I am glad I started again.  It cost a lot of money to smoke and tobacco went up quite a bit since I quit but I will solve that problem by smoking moderately and have been successful at doing this. That is difficult to do but I am determined to do so.  I have to moderate because I have a very limited income.

I personally believe that my life will greatly improve since I started again.  I basically had two choices.  Have good physical health and poor mental health, or have poor physical health but good mental health.  I have free will to do whatever I decide to do and I used my freewill to smoke again.  Frankly I do not care about all those people out there that are dead against smoking and what they think or have to say about my smoking.

I would like to end this article by stating I am completely happy and content with my decision.  In the article I previously wrote about my quitting wasn't very accurate because I just happened to be having a good day that day. That my regular daily experience most of the time it was like I have just described in this article.

No comments: