Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The New Year

The new year is coming upon us.  A lot of people talk about new year resolutions.  I don't have any.  I do think about what I would like to accomplish in the new year.  My first concern is recovering from my guillain barre syndrome.  I will have a lot of free time on my hands.  I will not be able to work as a collator this year. I do have enough use of my hands to write although it will take longer to write than usual.  I have decided to spend all my spare time doing research and writing.  I need to figure out what subjects to research and write about.  I have so many interests.  Mental illness, addiction, alcoholism, archeology, science, philosophy, paranormal, conservation, global warming, and wildlife to name just a few.   Instead of focusing on just one of these subjects I will write about whatever I feel like writing about at the time.  I am even thinking about starting new blogs on some of these subjects.  I have a real passion for doing research and writing.  I am an intellectual person and love the act of doing research and writing.  I would love to go to university and get some degrees but this is not practical,  It will cost too much money.  I will settle for being self taught.  I can learn just as much or even more on my own.  I will have to spend a lot of hours studying and writing.  I will have to be really determined and motivated.  I will succeed.  It's all about mind over matter.  There is a saying.  "if you think you can you will.  If you think you can't you won't."  This is what I would like to accomplish in 2014.

Have a great and successful new year.

No comments: