Friday, January 3, 2014

My Day Today

Concerning my recovery from guillain barre syndrome I'm making progress in leaps and bounds.  I was able to rinse off the dishes, put them in the dishwasher, and empty it out when they were done.  I also did a second load.  I also helped Kim cook supper.  We had baked fish and boiled potatoes.  I spent most of my day sleeping.  One of the symptoms is fatigue.  

I am very pleased how my recovery is going.  The Doctor told me that my recovery is going faster than most people with this disorder.  I believe him.  A week ago I thought it was going to take me forever to make any progress.  It usually takes up to a year to achieve a full and complete recovery.  I am hoping for a complete recovery.  If I don't have a complete recovery I will have to simply accept it and do the best I can with my disability.  I would be limited as to what I could do for work, but I feel that I might be able to still write.  It will just take longer to type. My typing is very slow.  At the present moment I am having problems concentrating.  I can't focus on reading and writing for very long.  The nurse told me in the hospital that this condition can affect my cognitive functioning.  I agree with her.  With determination and hard work I will overcome this problem.  It's all mind over matter.I am also determined and am going to  work very hard at beating my condition.  There are still a lot of things I can't do with my hands.  My fine motor skills in my hands isn't very good right now.  Concerning this I have a long ways to go.  Over all I have had a wonderful day and I am very grateful and thankful for what I have accomplished today.  I am looking forward to tomorrow and what I will accomplish.  I am just taking one day at a time.

No comments: