Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My Plans for 2009

The year 2008 was a wonderful year for both Kim and I. We would love to have a better 2009 than we did in 2008.

One of the things that Kim and I are going to do is make our business successful. We have started up a craft business. We will be selling crafts. We have already have it started. Our business is starting of on the right foot. We have been quite successful already. We are hoping for a large success this year.

Another thing that I would like to accomplish this year is to do more public speaking. I have done a fair amount of public speaking in 2008. I would like to give many more speeches this year. Most of the speeches I deliver are on schizophrenia and addiction. I personally love public speaking. I get much pleasure and satisfaction out of giving speeches. I just want to share my knowledge on mental illness and addiction to be a benefit to the mental health community. I truly have a passion to help others that experience the same things that I do. I want to help my fellow consumers, the family and friends of consumers. I also want to deliver the facts to society in general to try to stamp out that awful stigma in society. There is much stigma out there. I personally believe that one way to stamp out that stigma is to educate society about the facts and dispel all those awful myths out there.

I also want to do more writing this year than I did last year. I want to write more articles on mental illness and addiction. I will be writing for the newsletters that I write for. I will also be doing more writing for my blogs and web sites. I want to get the information out there. The internet is a real good medium for doing this. The internet has a larger readership than any other medium. I just hope that what I write about this year will be a very good benefit to my readers. No matter who they are. I truly have a great passion for writing. I love sharing my knowledge and have the passion for the act of writing itself. I just truly love it.

I also would like to find something to do for a hobby. I want to find something to do just for pleasure and relaxation. I need to take time for myself. I personally believe that this is important for my mental health. I person needs some fun in life. I cant' be doing things that are serious all the time. I also need to have a good time in life. Not just work. I love the work that I do but I also need something fun to do. I have narrowed it down to a couple of things. I have been thinking about learning how to play electronic keyboards. I have one in my possession. I already know how to play four or five songs. I want to learn a lot more than that though. I would like to learn around 30 songs this year. I love playing the keyboards. I get much fun and pleasure playing the keyboards. Another activity that I have been considering to do is painting. I have several paint by numbers to paint. Some for my Mom, some for Kim, and some for myself. I used to paint paint by numbers years ago. I found it fun and pleasurable. I would like to start doing it again.

I just hope that I will be successful at everything I want to accomplish in 2009. I truly think that I will be. Now that I am recovering from my mental illness's and addiction I have the capability and ability to accomplish these things. All I need to do is have much motivation, determination, and discipline. I will succeed. Bye for now. I would like to wish all my readers that you will have a great and wonderful 2009.

No comments: