Sunday, December 20, 2009

New Years Resolutions

This is the time of year when people start to think of New Year resolutions. I had a great and wonderful 2009 and I sincerely hope that my readers did too. I have been thinking about what I would like to accomplish in 2010. I have accomplished a lot in 2009. I am pleased and happy about what I did accomplish. I have lived the whole year in recovery and have been successful at the goals and objectives I had in 2009.

There are some things I would like to achieve this year. I would like to do more research this year than I did last year. One of things I would like to research more is the Christian Religion. Some day I would like to be a successful paid published free lance Christian writer. Another thing I would like to research more is science. I want to develop a real good working knowledge of science. Some day I would like to become a successful paid published free lance science writer. As far as my writing career these are the two subjects I want to write about.

I never had the opportunity to do any public speaking in 2009. I am hoping that this will change in the new year. I want to do a fair amount of public speaking this year. I want to share my experience, strength, and hope with others concerning my recovery from mental illness, addiction, and alcoholism. I want to share my story and give others that faith, hope, and courage that recovery is truly possible. If I can recover anybody can. I was once a hopeless, helpless, and useless human being as a result of my concurrent disorders. For many years I accomplished nothing in my life. My life was a total waste. Now things are different. I have been living in recovery and have been very successful at all my secular adventures. I have also made progress in my spiritual life as well. Things just keep getting better and better in my life. Most importantly I have found Kim my wife and we have been having a great and wonderful relationship together. Without Kim I would be like a little lost sheep in the wilderness just wandering around not knowing where I am going in life. I am living a life of meaning, purpose, and being a productive member of society. I am maintaining my marriage, working at three part time jobs, writing for my blogs and web sites, having a wonderful social life, and I play video games and go fishing for rest and relaxation. Life just couldn't get any better.

I wish my readers a great and wonderful 2010 and may you be successful at all the things you would like to accomplish in the new year. Just have faith, hope, courage, believe in yourself, and seek after recovery with your whole being. You just might find it. I have.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting blog
God bless you
have a great 2010

Ashley Smith said...

Thank you for the new year blessings.