Sunday, March 22, 2009

My Life Today

What was life like for me today. Just great! All we have is today. I did my best to live "just for today." I try not to live in the past and I try not to live in the future. Except when I am making plans for the things I would to accomplish in the future concerning my career, what I want to do for rest and relaxation, and other things that I would like to do. Otherwise, I live one day at a time.

What did I do today? I helped Kim with the house chores, helped Kim with the laundry, and helped Kim cook supper. I rolled my smokes for today. I spent quite a bit of time on the internet today. I was reading news articles on the CBC web site. I found an excellent web site on digital photography. I am teaching myself how to be a photographer. I want to start up a photography business. I am going to take photographs and sell them.

Right at this moment I am listening to CBC Radio 2 as I write this blog entry. I spend a lot of time listening to online radio stations. I just love music. Almost all genres of music. The only type of music I will not listen to is rap. I like the music and the beat. It is the lyrics I don't like. All they do is curse, swear, rant and rave about immoral things.

I have been giving serious thought as to my future writing career. I am going to continue writing about mental illness, addiction, alcoholism, and concurrent disorders but I want to branch out into other areas in my writing. I want to advance my writing career. I want to become a successful paid, published, free lance writer. I want to start getting published in magazines and newspapers. I am in the process of deciding what type of writer I want to become. A Christian writer, a science writer, a journalist, or some other type of writer.

I am seriously considering becoming a successful science writer. I want to specialize in writing about the research being done on different types of mental illness, addiction, alcoholism, and concurrent disorders. When I was in school my favorite subjects were math and science. These were also the subjects I made my highest marks in. I personally believe that you don't have to be a scientist to be a science writer. I am going to do a lot of research and studying on science though. I personally believe that a writer needs to have a real good working knowledge on the subject he is writing about. I am going to become a self taught expert on science. The more I research and study science the better science writer I will become.

You might be wondering what all this has to do with schizophrenia. Much every way. The things I have been writing about my day today is all about recovery. I have been enjoying recovery from my mental illness's and addiction today. There was a time when I couldn't live the way that I lived today. There was a time when I couldn't live at all. I am just so grateful and thankful that I have been living in recovery today. Thanks to God's diving providence and intervention. God has granted me recovery through medicine, psychology, and spirituality.

I think that I am going to spend the rest of the day doing my research on science. I want to start getting down to business concerning becoming a science writer. I just pray that I don't change my mind about what kind of writer I want to become. As a result of my obsessive compulsive disorder I have trouble making decisions and when I make a decision I have trouble carrying it through to the end. I have been working hard on overcoming this problem. Eventually I will get the victory and be able to make decisions and carry them through to the end. It just takes a lot of hard work. There is a saying, "the secret to life is hard work." I have worked really hard to get where I am today. I didn't get to the point of recovery I am experiencing right now by being lazy. I am just full of energy and drive to do things and be successful at whatever I attempt to do. I am also the type of person that never gives up. I just keep working and working until I am successful at achieving my goals and objectives in life.

Thanks to God and my hard work I am recovering from my two mental illness's and addiction. I believe in myself and that I am capable of doing anything I put my mind to. God has granted me many skills and gifts in life. I do my best to put those gifts and skills to good use. In fact I try to use my gifts and skills to help my fellow consumers, family and friends of consumers, and to remove some of that awful stigma that society holds against mental health consumers. We need to rise up and fight for our rights and have that stigma removed from the minds of society.

We need to believe in ourselves, not be afraid to speak out, and be willing to fight for what we believe in. I am.

No comments: