Saturday, May 30, 2009

A Good Time

Kim and I had a wonderful time yesterday. First of all I went to work at CMHA at 9:30 am. I spent a couple hours doing research for a future article. Kim and our support worker picked me up when I was finished.

Then at 12:30 we went to Canning for a retirement party for one of the members of CAPRE. We had a great time there. They served food and drink. They had a few musicians there. There was someone playing the violin, recorder, and a guitar. The music was great. At 4:00 we called a cab and went home.

At 5:30 we called up a cab and went to Swiss Chalet for a meal. I forget what the meal was called but it was delicious. It had chicken, green, yellow, and red peppers in it. There were other veggies on it too. It was wrapped up in flour tortilla bread. We also had poutine with it. We just took our time and enjoyed the meal.

After the meal was over we went to Tim Horton's at the mall. We sat there for about an hour. Then we went to the Kim Mitchell concert. There were two bands that opened for him. They were pretty good. I enjoyed their music. Finally Kim Mitchell came on stage. Did he ever have the place rockin. The music was awesome.

Kim calls up the local radio station quite often. She talks to Kate and Collin. Kim got to meet them last night at the concert. She was glad to meet them. They were glad to meet her. Both of them really liked her in person. Kim liked them in person too.

While I was there at the concert my heart was filled with thanksgiving and gratefulness. Everyone around me was drinking. Here I was at this concert watching everyone drink clean and sober. I was there without using actually enjoying the music. I can enjoy the music better clean and sober than I can when stoned and drunk. I was so pleased about the situation I cannot put it into words.

While there though Kim started taking sick. Her allergies were acting up. So we had to leave the concert and hour early. We went to Boston Pizza and called a cab. We had to wait a while for the cab. They were really busy because this week is Apple Blossom. There are a lot of festivities going on for Apple Blossom. That is why Kim Mitchell was playing here.

Finally we made it home. I had a coffee, took my meds, then went to bed. We got up around 11:00 am this morning. I was able to get up this morning without a hang over. That is a great feeling to wake up this way. Today Kim and I are going to bake some cookies and blueberry muffins. After that is done I am going to do some research today. I will also probably play my computer war game today sometime.

It is great to be clean and sober, recovering from my schizophrenia, and my OCD. I can actually enjoy life and have a good time in life. I just love life and love being alive. I can live a life of meaning and purpose. I am a productive member of society. All in all I am just living a wonderful life. I don't know if things can get any better.

For my readers who are consumers I wish you a great and successful recovery.

Bye for now.

No comments: