Sunday, May 31, 2009

Confused

I am confused about something. I am not afraid to shout my opinion out at the world concerning mental illness, addiction, and alcoholism. I am not afraid to tell people about these three subjects. My purpose in doing so is to help the mental health community. Another purpose is to educate society about mental illness with the purpose of stamping out that awful stigma that society has towards those with a mental illness. When it comes to this I am totally fearless and courageous.

Another thing that I am not afraid to shout out at the world is my political opinions. I am not afraid to tell people who I am voting for and try to persuade others to vote for the same party. It is election time in Nova Scotia again and I have been putting entries on my blog about who I vote for and why my readers should vote for the same party. In fact Kim and I have a sign on our front yard for Jim Morton and the NDP. When it comes to political things I am fearless and courageous concerning shouting out my political opinions at the world.

The thing that I am confused about is this: Why am I afraid and a coward when it comes to shouting out my opinions at the world concerning my religious beliefs? For some reason I am afraid and a coward when it comes to sharing what I believe concerning the gospel of Christ and the Christian faith. I don't know why. I believe what I believe and I should be fearless and courageous in sharing it with the rest of the world. I am when it comes to everything else I believe in strongly. I personally believe that God has saved my soul and has given me eternal life and I should be willing to shout it out at the world. The apostle Paul stated in the Bible: "I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation, to everyone that believeth, to the Jew first and also to the Greek." Why am I afraid? Don't know.

I just wanted to share this with my readers. I am not afraid and a coward when it comes to sharing what I believe concerning mental illness, addiction, alcoholism, and politics but I am afraid and a coward when it comes to sharing my religious beliefs. I truly do not know why. I am hoping that some day God will remove my fear and cowardliness and make me fearless and courageous in shouting out at the world what I personally believe about the Christian faith.

No comments: