Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Having Fun

It is very good for consumers to do things just to have fun. We consumers need a break from all the hassles of life and engage in fun activities. Doing things for fun helps get our minds off of things and focus on what we are doing.

What I do for fun and relaxation is playing computer games. I had gotten a computer game called Combat Wings: Battle of Britain. I am in a hurricane engaging in dogfights with German war planes. I have just started playing this game yesterday. I am having a ball. I am not very good at it yet but I keep playing it anyway. Sometimes I lose my bearings and crash in the ocean. The more I play it the better I get at it.

My fellow consumers that read this blog entry you should try to find an activity that brings you much fun and pleasure and just do it. You would be surprised at the outcome. It will help you escape from all the noise going on in your mind caused by your illness. It would give you something to focus on and give you relief for awhile.

Personally I work a lot. Even when I am not physically at work I do a lot of work at home in my office concerning my writing job with CMHA. I also have two other part time jobs on the go. I pretty much work five days a week. I am very glad to be working. There was a time when I wasn't able to work. Just the fact that I am working is a miracle.

I personally need a break from it all so I engage in playing computer games. Since I started playing computer games yesterday I have discovered the benefits of engaging in such activities. It's a time for me to just relax and have fun. I am going to continue playing computer games when I need to take some time out from all the busy activities I am engaged in.

I need to have some fun in life and I personally feel that my fellow consumers also need to spend some quality time having fun too. I would like to suggest to my readers try to find that one activity that will help you just to have fun. It doesn't have to be computer games, it could be anything that you enjoy doing. Hiking, bird watching, painting, drawing, reading a good book, playing a musical instrument, or even just watching a good movie. Just search for that one activity that you can engage in for fun.

I've made the decision to take time out for myself and have fun and I hope that you too will make the decision to engage in some activity just for the purpose of having fun. Good luck in finding that activity and carrying it out in your life. It would be very beneficial to your recovery. That is the purpose of consumers. Finding recovery. I personally believe that recovery is truly possible. I am recovering every day that I wake up and live my life just for that one day. Once more. Good luck.

No comments: