Sunday, February 1, 2009

Newsletter Article

I figured out how to upload pictures from my camera to my computer. After I did that I uploaded a picture from the computer to my e-mail. I interviewed a lady on her experiences with post traumatic stress disorder and wrote an article on her experiences. I sent the article to my editor. The picture I sent by e-mail was one of the lady I interviewed. We are going to put both her picture and the article in the Mental Health Perspective Newsletter published by the Kings County Branch of the CMHA of Nova Scotia.

I wrote the article yesterday. It took about 3 or 4 hours to write the article. After the article was finished I called her up and read it to her. She was pleased and happy with it. She told me to send it to my editor to be published. I personally believe that it is an excellent article. When I interviewed her for the story she just told me her story. What a story she had to tell. It was a highly moving story. I feel that it could produce intense feelings in those that read it.

About the newsletter. It is a newsletter that we publish once a month. It covers all aspects of things pertaining to mental health. It covers various types of mental illness, articles on what's going on in our local area for consumers to attend, practical things like how to shop on a tight budget, and there was an article on Inn From The Cold. Inn From The Cold is a project that gives the homeless a place to sleep every night of the week. I was informed that most of the people that use this service have some form of mental illness.

This newsletter has been very successful. It is distributed all over Kings County, in various places in Nova Scotia, and it is even distributed as far as Australia. The number of issues we publish are in the hundreds. We have a very large readership. There are three of us that write the articles for it. Plus we have other people that help with it as well. I am just grateful and thankful for being given the opportunity to be a part of this newsletter. I love writing and sharing my knowledge with others. One purpose I have for my writing is to help my fellow consumers, family and friends of consumers, and educate the general public about mental illness to stamp out some of that awful stigma by society towards those with mental illness. I hope that I have been successful in these purposes for my writing.

God bless you and bye for now.

No comments: